Someone suggested fruit trays. Another pointed out that people get as much of a glycemic surge with several pieces of fruit as they do with a cookie.
It got me thinking about fruity smoothies... and today's recipe is for a smoothie that is sweet, without being cloying, but made with blackberries and mostly greens. There is no banana-- just an apple and an avocado. It is smooth, flavourful, and creamy delicious... isn't that what one wants in a smoothie? Oh yes, and extrememly healthy!
Put the following in the carafe of a Vitamix and whirl up together until smooth and creamy:
- 2 C. frozen organic Blackberries (or other low glycemic berries)
- 1 handful fresh organic Cilantro
- 1 small, very ripe Avocado
- 1 4" piece of fresh Aloe Vera (if you have it- and peel off/discard the outer layer of skin)
- 1 small organic Apple, cored
- Stevia to taste (if desired)