This NON-goitrogenic green smoothie is the fourth Thyroid-Sexy smoothie celebrating the Thyroid Summit June 2 - 9th, 2014. If you missed this fantastic summit (and its 32 hours of important information on healing the thyroid and getting your life back) you can download it HERE. This smoothie is an adaptation of a great Green Smoothie by Drew Canole of JuiceUp Your Life. Drew adds in protein powder, I just stick with Chia Gel to provide the protein. I use blueberries, but you can use raspberries (like Drew does) or any other NON-goitrogenic berries (NOT strawberries, alas). It is unlike these other Thyroid-Happy smoothie recipes on Smoothie Moves since I use unsweetened Almond Mylk. I used the pre-made kind, but you could make your own (including high-selenium Brazil Nut Mylk- yum) with just the ingredients, a blender and juicer/ bag. Go HERE to see how to make various nut mylks.)
If you missed the Thyroid Summit you can get hold of all the information (plus bonuses) by clicking HERE.
Thyroid-Sexy Berry-Chia-Mint-Parsley-Almond Milk Green Smoothie Recipe
- Small handful fresh Mint leaves, stripped from stems
- Small handful fresh Parsley
- 1/2 - 1 C. Frozen Berries (or fresh berries)-- I used frozen organic blueberries
- 1/2 C. Chia Gel (1/4 C. chia seeds in quart of water, stir, leave for 15 minutes- Go HERE for chia seed gel recipes)
- 1 - 2 C. of unsweetened Almond Milk
Put all of the above into your high speed blender, or divide in half for a less speedy blender and do in two batches. Relax and enjoy!