This NON-goitrogenic green smoothie is the fourth This Thyroid-happy smoothie is an adaptation of a great Green Smoothie by Drew Canole of JuiceUp Your Life. Drew adds in protein powder, I just stick with Chia Gel to provide the protein. I use blueberries, but you can use raspberries (like Drew does) or any other NON-goitrogenic berries (NOT strawberries, alas). It is unlike these other Thyroid-Happy smoothie recipes on Smoothie Moves since I use unsweetened Almond Mylk. I used the pre-made kind, but you could make your own (including high-selenium Brazil Nut Mylk- yum) with just the ingredients, a blender and juicer/ bag. Go HERE to see how to make various nut mylks.)
Thyroid-happy Berry-Chia-Mint-Parsley-Almond Milk Green Smoothie
- Small handful fresh Mint leaves, stripped from stems
- Small handful fresh Parsley
- 1/2 - 1 C. Frozen Berries (or fresh berries)-- I used frozen organic blueberries
- 1/2 C. Chia Gel (1/4 C. chia seeds in quart of water, stir, leave for 15 minutes- Go HERE for chia seed gel recipes)
- 1 - 2 C. of unsweetened Almond Milk
Put all of the above into your high speed blender, or divide in half for a less speedy blender and do in two batches. Relax and enjoy!