Carrots and apples are a great sweet, fresh combo that measure up against bugs going around this time of the year-- and parsley is a boon for anyone with 'iron deficiency'. Some people may find this a little hard to digest. In that case, be sure to take your enzymes somewhere in the process (before, during and immediately after drinking the smoothie).
- 1 cup fresh-juiced apple juice (or regular organic apple juice if necessary)
- 1 cup of sliced apple (Pink Ladies are a winner for this smoothie!)
- 1/4 cup raw applesauce (a cored apple chopped into the blender)
- 1/2 cup fresh organic chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup of fresh organic Parsley
- 2 cups of ice
- Blend this vegetable smoothie until smooth.